Everything, everything is meaningless


"Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the teacher. 
"Utterly meaningless!
Everything is meaningless." Eccl. 1:8 (NIV)

I don't know what Solomon was going through at that point, but whoever wakes up and shouts "everything is meaningless", definitely has seen a part of life that made his taste bland. 

A part of me wonders, What would he write had he been in Nigeria in 2022?.

The greatest authors to have surfaced the Earth have to be the ones who wrote the Bible. 

The day i sat to read this particular book of the Bible, i realized that when they say "Solomon is the wisest man", i had no reason to doubt.

He recounts how there is nothing under the sun that is new, in his words he says, 

"What has been will be again,
 What has been done will be done again, 
 there is nothing new under the sun".

It makes me remember a piece I wrote on my facebook wall, 

 Honestly, some days look the same. 

I'm not one to recommend Bible scriptures, but if you get a chance Ecclesiastes would be a bold start.

It's a lonely road, life. 

Making your mark, being yourself, having fun, all for a huge realization that everything in it is meaningless. 

I get the, should we stop the struggle now? 
Should I struggle to make a name and live it for another who doesn't know how much effort I put into the work to attain that height? I know all of it trust me, i've been there, the trauma, the questions.

But i also understand that it gives us a guide to live life, it makes us realize that for a world you are not the originator nor designer there should be no exact plans and ways to make the best of it, you have to discover it on your own.

Everything is meaningless; 

Should have been a sober realization to me but in truth it was the best discovery. If everything is meaningless we should all have the ability to make meaningless actions right? 

Chapter 6 ends with this.

Bruhhh! today, I am not going to cry on how life is too short and time goes so fast. Today I'm going to hold on to every moment of the meaningless episodes of life. I'm going to act without over thinking, I'm going to live the realization that nobody has a right to pressure me off my limits on the lonely road called life.

In Nigeria, we are a people governed mainly by culture, by society, by family, community, you name them, but everyone has this cultural pattern,

"Do not be in a hurry to rush into the pleasures of the world".

Who knows when the right time is? Who can say? 

So we dream more dreams on unfulfilled dreams, 
we cloud our minds with plans and ideas, we strategize profusely, twice at day and twice at night, when we pray, we remember not to forget that the right time be made known to us by a sign. The one true sign.

Now our breath stink of innovations that never made it past our throat.

I wrote some time back in my journal, 

"At the end, God is not going to ask, Why weren't you Moses? Why didn't you path a way in mgbouba? HE would ask, Why weren't you Adaeze? Why weren't you truly yourself?".

In all of life never forget that,

"Much dreaming and many words are meaningless." Eccl. 5:7

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts